Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs
(Being discussed on QA and Dev lists)
As mentioned in the ESC call, it could be helpful to add a new Bugzilla Status that encompasses bugs that have been abandoned/don't have enough data.
What type of bugs would this cover?
- User isn't willing to share private document with anyone, and we
- Bug sits in NEEDINFO status for 6+ months
- (other situations?)
- We currently mark abandoned bugs as RESOLVED WORKSFORME, or RESOLVED
INVALID, but an additional Status value could help us be more precise
in indicating why a bug has been set aside.
- An additional Status would allow us to be more diplomatic with tough
users, and avoid the potential negatives of "INVALID" or "WORKS FOR
ME" on such bugs
Naming:A couple of names for this status have been offered, however new
suggestions are certainly welcome. Here are a few suggestions or
status values that are currently in use on other bug trackers:
- INSUFFICIENT DATA (RedHat)
- EXPIRED (Launchpad)
#2 Updated by Robinson Tryon about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs [Currently a Proposal] to Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs
- Status changed from New to In Progress
(Proposal accepted. Discussion ensued)
General acceptance of 'INSUFFICIENT DATA'. I'll add this new status and update docs, starting on Sun.
#3 Updated by Robinson Tryon about 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
Status added (docs added on wiki: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Fields/Status/RESOLVED#INSUFFICIENTDATA)
Suggestions/tweaks to docs are continuing, but the primary 'meat' of this bug is done.