Project

General

Profile

Task #2886

Replacing old English template at pl.libreoffice.org with a new one

Added by Dominik Danelski over 1 year ago. Updated 8 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
-
Target version:
Team - Q2/2020
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Tags:
URL:

Description

Hello,

I intend to work with redesigning and updating pl.libreoffce.org and I believe that it would be best to have current English website as a base and not the one from a few years ago. Therefore I kindly ask to fully replace it as not much has been done with the old template anyway so nothing important will be lost.

Note that I don't ask for replacing old CMS with a new one with a live version of the website until I'll have finished preparing the replacement.

Regards

History

#1

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago

  • Assignee set to Christian Lohmaier
  • Target version set to Q2/2019
#2

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Q2/2019 to Q3/2019

Cloph, can you have a look at this? It's indeed the very old LibO 4 page, and rolling out the newer site is very much worthwhile

#3

Updated by Christian Lohmaier 10 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

I changed the vhost definition to the new one. Just unpublish pages you don't want to translate..
There's not much point in copying the English site structure - after all that didn't change much either and if it changed, then for content that's not really meaningful for nl-pages.

#4

Updated by Dominik Danelski 10 months ago

--=-qc/CCBMY5CgcJpSY3V+c
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thank you! While I can live without "community map" etc. I have noticed
that the download and donation pages have changed too. The first one
integrated what was previously two pages (stable and fresh version) and
the latter has cleaner interface. These two are vital subpages and them
being dynamic elements dependent on the template prevents me from
changing anything on my own. Wouldn't it be possible to update at least
them?

#5

Updated by Florian Effenberger 10 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
#6

Updated by Florian Effenberger 10 months ago

  • Target version changed from Q3/2019 to Q1/2020
#7

Updated by Dominik Danelski 10 months ago

Another reason to fix this is that
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1023 solution does not
work anymore for me, so I basically have untranslatable sidebar.

#8

Updated by Florian Effenberger 10 months ago

  • Target version changed from Q1/2020 to Q2/2020
#9

Updated by Christian Lohmaier 9 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

If you want to have the two separate download pages, use the corresponding codeline value on the download page instead of the 99 that will trigger the combined/new style one.
And customizing the sidebar still works - the translation you did shows up, however you did not yet provide custom content in the sidebar buttons field.

#10

Updated by Christian Lohmaier 8 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF