At the first time I tried to report bugs of LibreOffice by using The Document Foundation's Bugzilla <https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/>, I found that the server rejected my report on the ground of version number field not being filled, despite it already being set to a valid version number of LibreOffice Still. The problem is consistently reproducible.
Exact steps to reproduce:
- Go to <https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/>
- Click "Log In" on the Bugzilla's topbar navigation, the browser will go to
- Enter username and password, then click "Log in".
- The browser will end up at <https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/index.cgi>
- Click "New" on the Bugzilla's topbar navigation, the browser will go to
- Click a big link "LibreOffice", the browser will go to
- Enter bug's title in "Summary" field
- Fill in the "Description" field with bug's synopsis.
- Select one choice on "Component" field.
- Select "x86 (IA32)" on "Hardware" field.
- Select "Linux (All)" on "Operating System" field.
- Select "126.96.36.199 release" on "Version" field.
- Select "Happens every time" on "Reproducibility" field.
- Select "Minor: Minor loss of function, and there's an easy workaround"
on "Severity" field.
- Fill in the "Steps to Reproduce" field.
- Fill in the "Actual Results" field.
- Fill in the "Expected Results" field.
- Fill in the "Additional Information" field with system information.
- Make sure that "Did you try resetting your UserProfile?" is not checked.
- Make sure that "Is OpenGL enabled?" is not checked.
- Click "Submit Bug Report", and the browser will post the form data to
- You will now see a big error message "You must select/enter a version."
on a red banner, followed by "Please press Back and try again.";
despite the LibreOffice version was clearly being selected
in the previous screen.
Full screenshot of the "guided" bug report form (before submitting) is attached as `guidedform-enterbug.png`, which clearly shows that the version number field is properly selected. The error message (a result of submission) is attached as `guidedform-submitted-error.png`.
Workaround for this bug is to use the "plain" bug report form instead, which indeed works as expected. While the plain form forgoes most of structure in the "guided" form, as long as information entered there is complete and orderly, it should be used place of guided form without problems.
The plain bug report form for LibreOffice could be reached at:
- Browser: Pale Moon 25.8.1 32-bit (binary)
- System: Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 Wheezy i386
P.S. The bug report shown in the screenshots is TDF Bugzilla entry 118810 <https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=118810> which is partially rewritten and successfully re-submitted by using a plain form.