deprecate or repurpose galaxy
galaxy is an old backup machine that should be deprecated or repurposed, as our backups are now somewhere else. Can't hurt to double-check nothing legacy is left on that box we might still need and that's available nowhere else.
#1 Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago
Do we have a concrete use for repurposing? Adding Cloph to Cc
#2 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version changed from Q2/2017 to Q3/2017
As per last team call:
* QUESTION: status galaxy → no longer used since june 2016 AFAICT (was used for an old backup PC instance) -> check it for Pootle suitability, and if not suitable, Florian to cancel it
#3 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 1 year ago
Looking at Dwayne's feedback, the old galaxy, due to lower RAM and no SSD, is not suitable for Pootle in any case
Is that correct?
Is there still any data on the box, or can I check with manitu on the cancellation?
Can you confirm?
#4 Updated by Guilhem Moulin about 1 year ago
No one seems to have put anything worthwhile in their homedir, and the machine has been idling for ages. I'd say just go ahead with the cancellation.
#5 Updated by Guilhem Moulin about 1 year ago
I mean the only relevant data on that box is the backuppc stuff, but we have more recent backups on berta.
#7 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 1 year ago
- Due date set to 2017-10-20
- Target version changed from Q3/2017 to Q4/2017
Box cancelled effective October 23
Shortly before then you, me and Cloph go through it and check for files to be backed up, then wipe the disks
Before wiping, please poke Florian