AskBOT SEO/Sitemap management required
I almost never find askbot as a valid result for a subject related to LibeOffice when googling....
It seems that no robots can crawl/index inside Ask-LO...
Related to task #414:
- mark the fields on the profile page as not-to-be-indexed by search-engines
- verify proper sitemap with Google Webmaster Tools
#1 Updated by Norbert Thiebaud about 2 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
I verified today
1/ robots.tx is being found by crawlers, including google
2/ sitemap.xml is being fetched (despite being a heavy request... 15 seconds or so from here to wget it)
3/ the logs showed that for the last 12 hours, when I checked, google bot alone crawled 11K+ pages
and a few google searches show that ask.libreoffice.org do show up....
#2 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Florian Effenberger to Alexander Werner
- Target version set to Pool
Some time ago, we received a similar request to hostmaster@ alongside some helpful tips
Assigning this ticket to Alex to have a look when he gets a hand on it
#3 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
I indeed do find a lot of occurences at Google - Olivier, is this still a problem? Can you give us a sample? (Maybe it affects only certain languages.)