Project

General

Profile

Task #2132

VM173 and POOTLE to help translators

Added by Olivier Hallot 12 months ago. Updated 3 days ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Pootle
Target version:
Team - Pool
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

90%

Estimated time:
Tags:
URL:

Description

In the recent past version of Pootle cloph placed a link on Pootle UI between the string and its container page in vm173.documentfoundation.org, for each string entry.

In the meantime, we changed the link syntax and Pootle got updated. So, the link is not there anymore. It will be nice to put it back to help our translators. The URL to access /<module>/<folder>/<xhp file> is now:

http://vm173.documentfoundation.org/index.html?page=&lt;module&gt;/&lt;folder(s)&gt;/&lt;xhp file>

e.g. the string in this pootle entry

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pt_BR/libo_help/translate/sbasic/shared/01.po#filter=all&unit=92563653&offset=0

is in page

http://vm173.documentfoundation.org/index.html?page=sbasic/shared/01/06130000.xhp

Thank you.

History

#1 Updated by Florian Effenberger 11 months ago

  • Target version set to Pool

How urgent is that?

#2 Updated by Christian Lohmaier 11 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 90

fixed for the regular pages, but where did auxiliary.po file's stuff go? e.g.
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pt_BR/libo_help/translate/auxiliary.po#unit=33549115

#3 Updated by Olivier Hallot 11 months ago

Christian Lohmaier wrote:

fixed for the regular pages, but where did auxiliary.po file's stuff go? e.g.
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pt_BR/libo_help/translate/auxiliary.po#unit=33549115

If the XHP page does not exist for the string, can we send it to http://vm173.documentfoundation.org ?

#4 Updated by Christian Lohmaier 11 months ago

that id dodging the question :-)

The script has a dedicated if for auxiliary.po before, so it could point to stuff in there :-)

Sure, one can omit the link for auxiliary.po or point it to vm173's root, but I'd rather have it point to the actual .tree files, even if there is no special "pretty-printing"

#5 Updated by Florian Effenberger 7 months ago

What's the status of this?

#6 Updated by Florian Effenberger 5 months ago

Florian Effenberger wrote:

What's the status of this?

Ping? :)

#7 Updated by Olivier Hallot 4 months ago

The tree files are (now) displayable in every page of https://helponline.libreoffice.org as shown in the "contents" tab.
Pointing to any page will display the tree file contents.
Suggestion:
https://helponline.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/shared/main0108.html

#8 Updated by Florian Effenberger 3 months ago

Olivier Hallot wrote:

The tree files are (now) displayable in every page of https://helponline.libreoffice.org as shown in the "contents" tab.
Pointing to any page will display the tree file contents.
Suggestion:
https://helponline.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/shared/main0108.html

So we can close this ticket?

#9 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 2 months ago

Florian Effenberger wrote:

Olivier Hallot wrote:

The tree files are (now) displayable in every page of https://helponline.libreoffice.org as shown in the "contents" tab.
Pointing to any page will display the tree file contents.
Suggestion:
https://helponline.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/shared/main0108.html

So we can close this ticket?

Ping?

#10 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 1 month ago

Olivier, ping?

#11 Updated by Olivier Hallot about 1 month ago

I stand on my suggestion. But if necessary, lower the priority to the lowest.

#12 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 1 month ago

I stand on my suggestion. But if necessary, lower the priority to the
lowest.

My question is what concrete tasks you ask from Cloph, that's why I've
been pinging you in this ticket for the past two months...

Can you sum it up, so he can have a look after he's back from vacation?

#13 Updated by Olivier Hallot about 1 month ago

"In the recent past version of Pootle cloph placed a link on Pootle UI between the string and its container page in vm173.documentfoundation.org, for each string entry."

wm173 is now "helponline.libreoffice.org"

Rebuild the link.

#14 Updated by Christian Lohmaier 4 days ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

adjusted the link (but used just help.libreoffice.org - as that's the canonical URL)

#15 Updated by Florian Effenberger 3 days ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF