improve SEO for new documentation website
- avoid double questions on Ask
- categorize, indexes
- current reference isn't usable -> re-tag, re-format
- SEO not everything: is stuff online, should it be? tagging answers on AskBot, everything needs to be searchable and has proper metadata
- Google is main entry point
- "How do I do dots?" -> bullet list
- entry pages
- possibly linking from OOoForum
- search on our sites (e.g. embedded Google) until LibOCon
- guide writeup is optional and low-prio
- general purpose guide, possibly pay for it every 1-2 years ("LibreOffice for legals")
- how to publish books, ToC, multifile documents, smaller documents
- proposals welcome: tools, people are used to...
- volunteer inclusion?
- future planning then in Rome ("restructuring our information resources for 21st centurys", it will be no book and no forum) -> get stuff online, Google love it, commission new stuff now and then
Updated by Florian Effenberger over 4 years ago
Can you (ask Mike Saunders for help if needed) produce an updated status quo?
My take is to lay the larger ticket to rest and split out individual subtickets with tasks that need doing - e.g. better categories in Ask, just to name a sample