Generate sceenshots and store at release.
I need to generate the full set of screenshots for
1) releases 5.3, 5.4 and 6.0 (master), separately
2) for all released languages.
The command is "make screenshots" at release time and for the released build and all languages built.
At the end of the command, zip the workdir/screenshots/ folder and place it somewhere for public access.
- The screenshots will be used in http://helponlinelibreoffice.org
- expect the size of the zipped screenshots for all released languages, per release to be about 250MB
#1 Updated by Florian Effenberger 9 months ago
Cloph has a couple of urgent topics on his desk I asked him for, so
before assigning this and #2300 to him, I'd like to know:
- How much time it will approximately take
- When the deadline is
The tasks I assigned to him have a rather high priority, and I'd like
them to get done first.
#2 Updated by Olivier Hallot 9 months ago
I'll say the command "make screenshot" should take 1 hour to execute and can run unattended until completion, for all released languages in an Linux machine. It is done once after the build. Then the command "tar" to compress and "ftp" to store somewhere takes seconds.
The screen shooting - ideally - should be included in the release process and run automatically.
#3 Updated by Florian Effenberger 9 months ago
- Target version changed from Recurring to Pool
My proposal then is for Cloph to have a look next week, at least not
before the other urgent tasks I tasked him with are done
#4 Updated by Florian Effenberger 8 months ago
Olivier: Is this something required for the current/changed documentation approach?
Cloph: Do you have an estimation how much time this requires from your side?
#5 Updated by Florian Effenberger 7 months ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
Feedback from last team call:
- Brought that to ESC, advised to let the issue raise to take action/decide.
- there's jenkins build-config that is disabled atm: https://jenkins.libreoffice.org/job/lo_tb_master_win_screenshot/
#6 Updated by Florian Effenberger 5 months ago
Is there any concrete action for Cloph to take before he goes on vacation next week? I don't think so according to the ticket and todo list, but please raise the flag if so
#7 Updated by Christian Lohmaier 3 months ago
pending overall update of the buildslave, so once that is back in business, can look into build-failures, solve any that might arise and then extend to upload artifacts somewhere, similar to daily build (if that's not already part of what it is supposed to do on a successful build)
#8 Updated by Christian Lohmaier 3 months ago
- Blocked by Task #2433: Screenshot daily build currently busted added