Renaming of Turkish web page URLs
There are lots of URLs for the Turkish web page that have the original English in it. Some of the pages even have half Turkish, half English URLs. I am posting them below with their expected Turkish counterparts. These are also seen on the link labels itself. A renaming could be better.
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/yardim-alin/community-support/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/yardim-alin/topluluk-destegi/
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/yardim-alin/professional-support/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/yardim-alin/profesyonel-destek/
- Professional Support -> Profesyonel Destek
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/yardim-alin/accessibility/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/yardim-alin/erisilebilirlik/
- Accessibility -> Erişilebilirlik
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/topluluk/docs-team/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/topluluk/belgelendirme-ekibi/
- Docs Team -> Belgelendirme Ekibi
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/topluluk/infrastructure/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/topluluk/altyapi/
- Infrastructure -> Altyapı
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/topluluk/marketing/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/topluluk/pazarlama/
- Marketing -> Pazarlama
- Pads -> Pad (this is not the Turkish translation but removing the plural would be better)
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/who-are-we/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/biz-kimiz/
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/governance/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/yonetim/
- Governance -> Yönetim
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/advisory-board-members/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/danisma-kurulu-uyeleri/
- Advisory Board Members -> Danışma Kurulu Üyeleri
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/certification/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/sertifikasyon/
- Certification -> Sertifikasyon
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/licenses/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/lisanslar/
- Licenses -> Lisanslar
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/source-code/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/kaynak-kodu/
- Source Code -> Kaynak Kodu
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/security/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/guvenlik/
- Security -> Güvenlik
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/imprint/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/damga/
- Imprint -> Damga
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/awards/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/oduller/
- Awards -> Ödüller
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/credits/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/katkida-bulunanlar/
- Credits -> Katkıda Bulunanlar
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/privacy/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/hakkimizda/gizlilik/
- http://tr.libreoffice.org/ba-yapn/ -> http://tr.libreoffice.org/bagis-yapin/ (as stated in another issue)
#1 Updated by Florian Effenberger 6 months ago
There are lots of URLs for the Turkish web page that have the original
English in it. Some of the pages even have half Turkish, half English
URLs. I am posting them below with their expected Turkish counterparts.
These are also seen on the link labels itself. A renaming could be better.
Is that something that the site maintainers could handle, or does it
require infra support, do you know? (I obviously don't :-)
#2 Updated by Guilhem Moulin 3 months ago
- Category set to Website
- Tags deleted (
The site maintainers should be able to make the edit; and Gökhan in particular, as I granted him permissions during LibOCon. Should we close this ticket, Gökhan?
#3 Updated by Christian Lohmaier 3 months ago
FYI: nothing for infra-admins - can (and definitely should) be done by NL-page admins.
(in CMS backend, open the corresponding page and then use the "edit" button next to the URL-Segment on the content tab).
- the homepage must have the label /home - otherwise you'll get a redirection loop when just visiting tr.libreoffice.org (without any URL) - if you wish to have another label for it in addition, feel free to create a virtualpage and duplicate it.
- to rename the toplevel redirector pages, make sure you're in edit-only mode (controls at the bottom right), as in preview mode the toplevel redirector directs to the first child, thus navigating away from the page you try to edit.
- silverstripe will try to find the URL by its old location, so should be fine for most links. If the automatism fails and the link is important enough/used in many external places, it might be worthwhile to create a redirector page with the old name (make sure to uncheck "show in menu/search" on settings tab.
#4 Updated by Gökhan Gurbetoğlu 3 months ago
I think it is safe to close the ticket Guilhem. The necessary changes are now being worked on, with keeping in mind what Christian mentioned. Thank you!