Extend Extension and Templates Site to carry Documentation products
The Extensions website is well suited for download of Documentation PDF and (zipped) documentation source files.
Therefore, some tweaks in Silverstripe are important for the purpose:
1) Add PDF and ZIP as allowed extensions for upload,
2) Documentation PDF and ZIP files are expected to be below 50MB of size, so raise the upload limit to 50MB to be safe.
3) Add an entry in menus for Documentation in the Extension website.
4) set a category for documentation filtering
5) sub categories matrix
a) Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math, Base, Macros, General
b) Guide, Tutorial, References, Quick Reference, Miscellaneous
c) Languages (en, de, fr, pt, es,...)
6) have "documentation.libreoffice.org" point to the main Documentation entry in the extension website, probably in the same way as "template.documentation.org".
Updated by Heiko Tietze almost 2 years ago
- Project changed from Extensions to Infrastructure
- Category set to Extensions and Templates
- Assignee changed from Heiko Tietze to Christian Lohmaier
- Target version set to Q1/2020
Supporting PDF and ZIP is something Cloph has to enable in the LAMP/LEMP stack.
Updated by Christian Lohmaier over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Christian Lohmaier to Olivier Hallot
- Target version changed from Q1/2020 to Q2/2020
I consider this resolved - filetypes were added to allowed list quite a while back and staff already has permission to create the tags they need/want.
For the Extra entry point for Documentation the generic apporach of having a page with a default tag-filter should cover the usecase of having only documentation shown.
I would also not create a dedictated configuration matrix, but rather use just the regular tags for everything, including the documentation.
For different languages you have the choice of either creating different Extension "projects" (then the release list will only have a single language), or rather just create different translations of the same project (then the release list will have separate entries for all the available languages).
Changing the domain name left for later/when we're happy with the structure on the extensions site.
Setting to Feedback and reassign to Olivier. Does that sound find with you?