ASKLIBREOFFICE: Generalized mechanism for common question-modifying 'actions' in Askbot
It would be very nice to have more powerful tools for performing common and tedious actions/tasks on Questions.Examples:
- A user files a question and doesn't provide any system information. It would be nice to have a 1-click tool to ask for more information (see issue #687)
- A user files a question that should be filed as a bug report instead
- Link label/text
- An (internal) description of the action (maybe this could be displayed as a tool-tip on the link?)
- Karma threshold to have the link appear
- (optional) Tag(s) to add to/remove from the Question
- These could be specified in a list as "+add-this-tag -remove-this-tag" etc.
- (optional) A chunk of formatted text to be dumped into a new Answer
- (optional) A chunk of formatted text to be displayed as a pop-up/pop-over notification
- The pop-up/over notification on the Question could be cleared when a certain tag is added or removed (e.g. "-needinfo" or "+filed-as-bug"), or (Easier to implement) when the question asker closes it
The idea of pop-up/pop-over notifications could be implemented as a stand-alone piece, without all the features described above:
Given a particular condition (e.g. Question is tagged with 'needinfo'), a pop-up could appear that would say "Please make sure the question contains blah, blah, and blah, etc..., and then remove the 'needinfo' tag".
#1 Updated by Bjoern Michaelsen about 3 years ago
- Project changed from 49 to Infrastructure
- Category set to Askbot
moving to infrastructure project as per https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/599#note-2
#4 Updated by Florian Effenberger about 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
Something that needs to be developed. Evgeny will send me some pricing details on that so we can consider it for the budget.
#5 Updated by Florian Effenberger almost 3 years ago
- Related to Task #414: AskBot improvements added