Our Bugzilla instance needs regular maintenance. This involves:
- updating to most recent minor/micro version
- dealing with locked accounts
- helping new users to confirm their accounts
- managing user rights
Updated by Robinson Tryon about 6 years ago
- https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Administration - General tasks for the admin
- https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Gardening - Maintaining a clean/valid set of bugs and bug-states
Often, particular problems will take a bit of time to resolve, but will end up being a nuance on the user's end. Notes, warnings, and documentation helps reduce the workload, but does not entirely eliminate the inquiries.
Updated by Florian Effenberger about 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Christian Lohmaier to Xisco Fauli Tarazona
Updated by Florian Effenberger over 4 years ago
Xisco Fauli Tarazona wrote:
So far I haven't handled any Bugzilla update as 5.0.3 ( the latest ) was released on May 16, 2016, before I stated working for the TDF. I'll sync with Cloph and Guillhem once a new release comes out to see who will handle it.
Still seems to be the state of play. There's 5.1.1 - maintained in parallel to 5.0.3 - but unless there's some strong demand, let's not touch a running system and just regularly check for updates. If there's an RSS/mailing list for BZ update announces, let's get subscribed to that.
Updated by Florian Effenberger over 3 years ago
Please avoid editing my old comments, but instead reply with a separate comment - otherwise I get no notification whatsoever of the change/reply. :-)
What Xisco wrote is:
Last week a minor version of Bugzilla was released.
I plan to update it this week/next week
Updated by Guilhem Moulin over 2 years ago
Florian Effenberger wrote:
Seems 5.0.6 is out - any urge to upgrade, or just irrelevant fixes for us?
Nothing urgent: https://www.bugzilla.org/releases/5.0.6/release-notes.html . OTOH there is a lot of code refactoring and code style changes that made rebasing our changes difficult. This was discussed in the Feb 12 team call:
- [q] Task #1402: Bugzilla maintenance - https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1402
https://github.com/bugzilla/bugzilla/releases (bugs.tdf currently runs 5.0.4)
guilhem: rebased tdf customisation on top of 5.0.X, ready for testing on vm144
- Xisco will test after his return from Japan.
Deploying the changes on vm144 is still blocking on me.