libreoffice.org banner improvements
When entering libreoffice.org the "Get it now" banner appears.
You can only get to the homepage when you read that banner and click "To the Homepage".There should be
- a close (X) button to close that banner
- a click anywhere on the homepage around that banner should also close that banner
Additionally, a cookie should be set such that this banner only appears once for each new user.
Recurring users probably don't want to download LibreOffice each time they visit the site.
Updated by Christian Lohmaier almost 4 years ago
- Category set to Webserver
- Assignee set to Christian Lohmaier
- Target version set to Q1/2017
- Estimated time set to 2:00 h
- Tags EasyHack added
no banner at the moment, but will take it as improvement for next iteration of the jumppage styles banner. Not sure about the close button itself, rather taking that clicking anywhere besides the banner should not pass through, but dismiss the banner.
Not sure I want to go the route with cookies...
anyway, "accepting" the ticket.
Also good opportunity for Jean to try his hands on the testing VM.
Updated by Jean Spiteri over 3 years ago
Is this done using any particular module? Or is it done from scratch? I have tried searching for signs of some module but haven't seen any so I'm assuming that it is done from scratch but I don't want to cause any problems so a clarification would be quite helpful.
Updated by Florian Effenberger about 3 years ago
In your mail, you write
Can someone with knowledge of SilverStripe comment on this issue? That way, there'll be better guidance on what needs to be done.
Actually I'm a bit lost on what needs doing, I don't get it from the ticket. :-) Maybe you can let us know more details on what you need?
Updated by Jean Spiteri almost 3 years ago
I have two questions about this issue.
1. How is the banner handled? I meant is it added through a module or HTML code written by someone directly on the server?
2. If the user closes the banner, should there be a cookie that stops the banner from appearing again? What lifetime should such cookie have (session or long-term)?
I would appreciate it if someone with more experience comments on these two questions.