Project

General

Profile

Task #2564

Make copyright information at the bottom of the website translatable

Added by Beluga Beluga almost 3 years ago. Updated 7 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Low
Category:
Website
Target version:
Team - Q2/2020
Start date:
Due date:
2020-05-30
% Done:

0%

Tags:
URL:

Description

Moved from https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=116432

At the bottom of https://da.libreoffice.org/ and other pages i see the following:

Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Statutes (non-binding English translation) - Satzung (binding German version) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License v2.0.
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy. LibreOffice was based on OpenOffice.org.

I would like this to be translatable so the translation can be more complete.
Perhaps move this information into other pages and just have links there instead of all this text. I think its to much text that people are not going to read anyway.
If we just have links like "Privacy Policy|License|Trademark policy|..." then people can visit the links if they want to read more instead of putting so much text at the bottom of pages.

History

#1

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 2 years ago

  • Target version set to Pool

My proposal is:
We add the strings "Imprint" and "Privacy Policy" to Pootle and ask for translations.
These will be embedded next to the official German ones in brackets, like

"Impressum ($Imprint_FR) | Datenschutzerklärung ($PrivacyPolicy_FR)"

What other phrased do you want to translate? For the long license sentence, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to show both variants, but I feel we should keep the original text there. Would that work for you, or are there more phrases that should be translatable?

#2

Updated by Beluga Beluga over 2 years ago

Florian Effenberger wrote:

What other phrased do you want to translate? For the long license sentence, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to show both variants, but I feel we should keep the original text there. Would that work for you, or are there more phrases that should be translatable?

For the record, I don't want to translate anything. I just moved this from BZ.

#3

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 2 years ago

Sorry, my bad, indeed. :-) Added a note to the BZ ticket so we can
discuss here.

#4

Updated by Christian Lohmaier over 2 years ago

  • Due date set to 2018-10-24
  • Target version changed from Pool to Q4/2018
  • Estimated time set to 2:00 h

pondering whether to have those strings as properties of the subsite or as regular translated string, but in any case will have that beginning next week

#5

Updated by Florian Effenberger about 2 years ago

Any update on this ticket?

#6

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago

With the recent discussion on website@, is this ticket solved?

#7

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Q4/2018 to Q3/2019

Ping? Are the strings now translatable?

#8

Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago

  • Due date deleted (2018-10-24)
#9

Updated by Christian Lohmaier 9 months ago

  • Due date set to 2020-04-24
  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Target version changed from Q3/2019 to Q2/2020

did some prep work for that on the site, but still need to make the strings available for translation in weblate.
Adding a website project is planned for next week (need this week for annual report translation and recurring stuff)

#10

Updated by Florian Effenberger 9 months ago

Thanks - would indeed be good to speed this up after the annual report,
as it's quite an old ticket. ;-) Thanks a lot for your work on this!

#11

Updated by Christian Lohmaier 8 months ago

  • Due date changed from 2020-04-24 to 2020-05-30

this kinda fell through the cracks with the other weblate related stuff...

#12

Updated by Florian Effenberger 8 months ago

Target for this task is by the end of this week

#13

Updated by Christian Lohmaier 7 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

added the project to weblate, the string s for Imprint and Privacy Info are now translatable

#14

Updated by Florian Effenberger 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF