www.libreoffice.org should redirect to environment (locale) setting
When typing the LibreOffice URL (www.libreoffice.org or libreoffice.org) in a web-browser, it currently always goes to the English language edition (https://www.libreoffice.org/). It should go to the language locale edition of LibreOffice.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set the locale to hu (Hungarian)
2. Type libreoffice.org into the address bar of a web-browser
3. The LibreOffice English version opens, i.e. https://www.libreoffice.org/
3. The LibreOffice Hungarian version opens, i.e. https://hu.libreoffice.org/
or perhaps the website needs a paradigm shift and the webpage that opens is:
- Mozilla Thunderbird as thunderbird.net redirects to https://www.thunderbird.net/hu/ and is in Hungarian
- Jami as jami.net opens as https://jami.net/ as is in Hungarian. Likewise you can explicitly go to the Hungarian version with https://jami.net/?lang=hu
- VLC as videolan.org opens as https://www.videolan.org/ as is in Hungarian
- Mozilla Firefox www.mozilla.com/firefox/ redirects to https://www.mozilla.org/hu/firefox/ and is in Hungarian
- MuseScore musescore.org redirects to https://musescore.org/hu and is in Hungarian (where the strings have not yet been translated into Hungarian they are in English)
What do you think?
Updated by Florian Effenberger over 1 year ago
There IIRC is a ticket somewhere about showing a banner on the websites
when the page opened differs from the browser locale. I can't find the
ticket ID at the moment, but I think that Jean Spiteri was working on it
- maybe some other approach we can consider too?
Updated by . Óvári over 1 year ago
Does PHP User Agent Language Detection https://techpatterns.com/downloads/php_language_detection.php help?